Saturday, June 28, 2008

Evangelical Athiests

Anybody else sick of being heavily prosletyzed by the evangelical athiests (EAs)? Well, you're not alone. I have had it. My patience with the EAs is gone. I don't know why they can't just agree to disagree and move on to another topic that might interest us both without causing a rift. No, instead, they gather together and ridicule those of us who actually believe The Bible. It's like walking into a room crowded full of people you thought were your friends only to find that you are the butt of their jokes. You and your belief in God. It serves no constructive purpose but it goes on and on.

So, I pronounce to the entire world right here that I believe the Bible as it is written. That's right. My God is big enough, powerful enough, and smart enough to create the entire universe (all that you see and all that you do not see) in 6 days (6 nanoseconds if He chose to and no I don't know why He didn't). Call me a literalist. Call me a Creationist. Just don't attempt to prosletyze me into your Godless worldview!

And I have a challenge for all those Christians and Jews who like to say that Genesis is just an allegory or some such... If you don't believe the first few statements of The Bible, then why believe any of it? Where would you start? And why would you start? This ain't no cafeteria buffet! Go on! Make your choice! You won't go to hell for doubting the word. But I've made mine so stop prosletyzing me, agree to disagree, and move on!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post Kirls! Absolutely spot on. I have gotten a kick out of the EA's who, in trying to defend their staunch defense of the THEORY of evolution, point to the Catholic Church's acceptance of it. Hello, puddinheads...you spend 20 minutes going on how irrational faith-based intellect is and then you use the Catholic Church as proof of your position.

I, too, believe in Genesis...from first word of the book to the last word. You could combine every IQ of every human being on this planet and that intellect couldn't even begin to fathom the Holy Father.

I believe what I believe and with that comes peace.

See ya Kirls

- OE

Kirly said...

aw, OE! I didn't know you were SO with me on this. I'm glad to know it now.

:-)

USS Ben USN (Ret) said...

Hi Kirly!
I know what you mean. EA is a good term. I've been callin' them RD's for Reductionist Darwinists, but that's harder to say, LOL!

I concur. Not everyone is gonna agree with everyone elses Religion, be it Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism or whatever.
I even count Atheism as a religion, although not a good one, because the Atheist simply makes him or herself god.

Personally, I believe a true Atheist wouldn't be bothered in the least about what we believe, but most folks who call themselves Atheists are really A-theists, or anti-theistic, because they hate the God they say they don't believe in.

There's a deep-seated hatred that probably stems from a bad experience, or perhaps they feel betrayed becauuse God doesn';t do what they think he should do.
In any sense, the militant a-theists, RD's, AE's, certainly try to win converts and ridicule anyone who doesn't share their beliefs.

Anyway, it's a real shame.
Gagdad Bob has been writing some interesting posts about the why some folks are that way.
Kempler Sings came by a few days ago to comment, and Bob included that in his post yesterday, because it was a good one.

Hang in there, and God bless you!

Kirly said...

hi Ben!

you're you know. a real atheist wouldn't give a rats patootie if i believed in God or a Big Giant Spaghetti Monstor in the Sky. But these so-called A-Theists are insecure in their faith.

gagdad bob? where's he?

God Bless and keep you too Ben.

oh, and Ben, thank you for your service.